1. Are you thirsty or hungry? It is easy to become dehydrated if you are spending a lot of time in the sun and that can sometimes become confused with hunger. Drink a glass of water first to see if you are actually hungry.
2. Ride your bike instead of driving! You can burn HUNDREDS of calories by riding your bike for just an hour! Or even
make it an every night routine to go for a family bike ride after dinner!
3. Eat watermelon! It’s low in calories and full of water so it is great to snack on while sitting in the sun!
4. Instead of sugary lemonade add cut up fruit like strawberries, lemons, oranges, even mint leaves for a refreshing and tasty drink that you won’t have to feel guilty about! Iced green tea is also a great choice.
5. Avoid the margaritas and pina coladas while lounging by the pool! Be smart about your drink choices if you must and choose a club soda and vodka or a white wine spritzer.
6. Make exercise fun for the whole family! Go for walks on the trails, play volleyball at the park, go for bike rides, rent a kayak! There are so many ways to get your workouts in while spending quality time with family.
Don’t let your workouts go out the window this summer! Make it a part of your summer fun.